  From: Anthony West
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; UnivCity@list.purple.com
  Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 10:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [UC] [Announcement] Vote for Andy Toy

  In a bizarre electoral twist, a post from a hitherto unknown and unidentified
contributor to UC-list, appended below, has been rejected by the candidate it
purports to promote.

  Andy Toy, candidate for City Council at Large, said, "I would just like to
clarify the previous posting from a supporter named 'voteandytoy'.  I was not
and will not be endorsed by UCD, which is a non-partisan organization that
works with all to improve the University City area.

  "I happened to be one of UCD's very active partners and friends while at the
Local Initiatives Support Corp (LISC) over the past 5 years, helping to fund
improvements along Baltimore Avenue. Lewis Wendell did introduce me as one of
the supporters of Dock Street and its revitalization of the Firehouse at 50th &
Baltimore. As such, LISC has been working with the owners, Councilwoman
Blackwell's office, the neighboring church, the community and UCD collectively
to try to iron out an agreement that all could live with. Mr. Wendell did not
ask anyone to vote for me at the event, although I did let people know I am no
longer at LISC in order to run as a Democratic City Council At-Large candidate.
I appreciate some of my supporters' enthusiasm, but their statements do not
represent the campaign as a whole."

  Anthony Ingargiola, Toy's campaign director, said he had no idea who had
created the AOL account 'voteandytoy' and was anxious to find out. "We're not
experts at listserve technology on the campaign staff," he said. If anybody on
UC-list can give any tips on how to find out the originator of the false post,
he would appreciate their help.

  It could be an enthusiastic but misinformed supporter, he said.
Alternatively, it could be a dirty trick pulled off by a subtle opponent
familiar with UC-list politics.

  -- Tony West