Dear Glenn & List,

Both of my "White" kids have played at 47th & Woodland.
Both of my "White" kids have played even further west at 50th and
Kingsessing.
Both of my "White" kids have played in a variety of "Rec" centers
including Mantua and areas where white faces are rare, even on the major
thoroughfares.
They have always been safe and treated as young athletes, not aliens.
Student-Athletes and the parents involved in coaching and mentoring kids
are generally decent people, for whom race is secondary.

My family attended an international "Ultimate Frisbee" tournament (US vs.
Australia) at 50th and Kingsessing.
I heard about it from Jon Moore who hosted several of the Australians.
Jon did a great job of extending friendship and welcome across lines of
class, culture, race and neighborhood.
I hoped it would be the first of many events held at the site, because it
did bring a lot of new faces into our 'hood.
Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a lot of other use / activity
building on his success or momentum, and Jon, like myself, is a parent
who works full time.  It is not fair to ask much more of him.

I would like to see at least the older soccer players moved to one of the
nearby "Rec" centers.
To me Clark Park is an oasis, and deserves more thoughtful use.

I would like more of the "powerful middle class" to realize that many of
their prejudices are pointless.

Best!
Liz