I take my genital jewelry out when I go to the airport. It set off the alarm at Great Adventure once. I told them what it was. They looked really embarrassed and waved me through. The other jewelry is smaller and not as easily removed but hasn't caused any problems yet other than the time a naive radiology tech thought I had a circular object in my lungs.

Frank