In a message dated 4/17/2007 10:16:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

In our  humble opinion, the "Restaurant Revolution" really started with The
Black  Banana and Lickety-
Split at 4th and South.  Opened in 1972, I  believe.  Then later Astral Plane
came.
Roger and  Duane

Mea culpa. I should have mentioned that Roger & Duane's first  restaurant --
the Gold Standard -- south of Chester in what had been a Chinese  Hand Laundry
(and the old laundry tickets were used for the checks) was one of  that first
pre-fern wave. They were among the pioneers.

Always at  your service & ready for a dialog,
Al Krigman -- 36-year local resident,  housing provider, curmudgeon, and
all-around  crank,