  From: S. Sharrieff Ali<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: UnivCity@list.purple.com<mailto:UnivCity@list.purple.com>
  Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 7:27 PM
  Subject: RE: [UC] Trees on 4500 Walnut Street

  Someone private-mailed me and accused me of  "dime-dropping" on the "whoever"

  with L&I and asked me to post a clarification.

  I don't plan to "dime-drop" on anyone, not my place. I plan to check with

  L&I to see what the regulations are, what forms are used.

  I keep seeing sidewalks with cement all around the base of trees not leaving

  enough room for water. I had an incident a few years ago with a neighbor's
tree

  he cemented around the base, the tree later fell and destroyed my fence!

  Also, I happen to know of a woman who lost her husband and unborn child due

  to a tree falling on the car her family was riding in, she was seriously
injured but

  lived. Not a happy picture. It was just lucky the trees didn't kill anyone.

  Act of God? . probably not. I think man had a hand in this one.