The clothes pin stairs have been getting rebuilt for several weeks now, so
maybe at least one of your peeves will be improved.

-----Original Message-----
From: SKnight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: UnivCity@list.purple.com
Sent: Sat, 26 May 2007 6:59 pm
Subject: [UC] Clean?  The SEPTA Concourses?

The escalators on the northwest corner of 15th & Market and the
circular stairway underneath the ClothesPin ?are examples of

conditions not normally seen outside of an impoverished
ghetto.??When I look at that glass and metal housing over the

escalators, I am beyond disgusted.? That space has been a pet peeve of
mine forever and to find out there has been some agency or

company making money on a cleaning contract is appalling.?

?

However, when you have companies like Comcast nearby, it is not
surprising.???If we had civic minded men like Strawbridge
around,

those conditions would have been resolved somehow.? He is the eminence
gris who cleaned up East Market Street.? Conditions like

that require someone who cares enough and has enough juice to get things
started.

?

Sande Knight