It is the practice on some email listserves for new subscribers to briefly
introduce themselves. FWIW it seems like a healthy practice to me, and would
possibly be helpful in nurturing the quality of discourse on this list.
Obviously this list has a very small ratio of participants to lurkers, and
that may be an inevitable pattern for listserves. However, I for one would
be curious to know the identity of all you lurkers who are listening in,
what you hope to gain from reading this list, what you like or dislike etc.

--
Ross Bender
http://rossbender.org