Craig,

Be frank, now. The central point of 80% of Ray's posts is that all Penn
affiliations are bad, especially when money changes hands, as it does every
time he cashes his paycheck. Do you disagree? Does Ray disagree? Does anybody
else disagree this is Ray's central point?

What you are proposing, in effect, is that Penn Employee "Z", who glorifies his
employment by telling the rest of us what "our" community means, is a
presumptive villain, whereas Penn Employee "R", who glorifies his employment by
telling the rest of us what "our" community means, is a hero. Baloney! say I.

If Ray were an honest writer, he wouldn't have gone to such great lengths to
craft a fake internet ID, "LaserBeam", under which to post his attacks on Demon
Penn. He did this for years. His aim was to fool the public that he was
heroically independent of Penn, and UC-list readers did testify his fooling
worked. He wasn't a criminal, but he was a phony.

Ray is no longer able to publish this particular lie on UC-list, no thanks to
him. But he still puts effort into publishing false facts. Sometimes he admits
it, sometimes he doesn't; once in a while, he may admit it in a moment of
carelessness, then try to retract it later, or pretend it was just a joke.

One thing you'll never see Ray do, though, is what every honest person does:
admit he was wrong, mistaken, insufficiently informed on any point. Every
honest person is comfortable with saying "Oops!" or "Tell me more" ... not Ray.
Not one one of his posts over the last five years betrays any curiosity about
the simple truth, or any humility either. His sole interest, every post, every
day, is to fluff up any evidence to back up his paranoia while side-stepping
any evidence that argues against it.

If you think this is admirable, you are free to admire it. We won't agree.

-- Tony West