In a message dated 7/11/2007 3:33:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

It's because of  Al's big secret -- he doesn't actually want a free and open
debate about the  BID.

People who know what others are thinking remind me of the "joke" in  Freud's
"Wit and its Relation to the Unconscious" (unlike some people around  here, I
don't post other people's work and pretend it's my own).

One day, the rabbi in a small village near Lvov rushed into the Schul  and
told everybody he had received a vision in a dream that the  venerable Chief
Rabbi of Minsk had died.

The whole congregation went into mourning about the passing of this great
scholar.

A week later, a traveler from Minsk came to the village. Naturally,
everybody rushed over to him with condolences and questions about the passing
of  the
Chief Rabbi.

"But, he's not dead," the traveler said. "I saw him only four days ago and
he was alive and well."

The villagers rushed over to their own rabbi's house, to complain about his
giving them false information. He replied, "Ah, maybe the vision I got in  my
dream from Minsk was wrong. But, you have to admit what a wonderful  thing it
was to have received any vision at all in a dream from  such a long distance,
even if it was wrong."

Al  Krigman
Left of Ivan Grozny