  From: Margie Politzer
  To: University City listserv
  Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:09 AM
  Subject: Re: [UC] How political was Party for the Park?

    Tom Knox walked around with Jannie Blackwell shaking peoples' hands. That
was it. There were no literature tables, no speeches, and no promotion of
candidates over the PA.

    Margie

    When the unresolved question came up about voteforandytoy receiving an
endorsement by Wendell, we had a discussion about what occurred at Party for
the Park. Now Liz has described Tom Knox action occurring at Party for the Park
as well. It appears there may have been substantial campaign activity.

    In the interest of historical accuracy can folks describe events at Party
for the Park which seemed like it involved candidates in what was the upcoming
local election. Things like formal literature tables and speeches by candidates
over the PA, or promotion of campaigning candidates over the PA would be
examples of interesting anecdotes.

     Please feel free to contact me off list or on list. I can understand
anyone's reluctance to post on list.

    Thanks,

    Glenn