All:

None of these changes made on the UC list in the last year alter the fact that
I have received about 13,000 e-mails from this listserve over the last 15
months, or roughly 28 emails per day. This is why I haven't checked the list in
15 months until Bruce's e-mail to PFSNI, and probably won't expect to read

Honestly, when I first joined this community list four years ago I was shocked
by the willingness of everyone to just email every little thought to the list.
There is no way that the community is served by this list, because so many
people refuse to join it. Thus, only a portion of the community is served.
After all, am I not part of the community? Just because this list is democratic
does not mean it is representative of the community.

I certainly encourage the people who like receiving 28 e-mails per day, or
alternatel a REALLY long digest email, to do keep doing so. But I
whole-heartedly welcome the new list and hope that people either join it or
join whatever comes out of the discussions being coordinated.

Jon

----
jon grabelle herrmann

[EMAIL PROTECTED]