In a message dated 7/28/07 11:01:15 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Hear, hear!
> If the name of this new forum is as Al Krigman wrote, that says it all.
>
>  ----------------------------
> In a message dated 7/28/07 10:00:46 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Still here. Haven't joined the list at [EMAIL PROTECTED] yet.
Don't plan to.
 Al Krigman

Al is spoofing, yet again.   Many times, he's posted misinformation to the
listserv.   Do you remember when Al rewrote and posted an Inquirer article so
that it appeared that Prince Charles was coming to Clark Park?   Al had Brian
Siano getting his cameras ready!   And Al let the planning posts about the
visit
go on and on, till I looked up the actual article and posted the link,
showing that the Inquirer made no mention of a visit to Clark Park.

Okay, that may have been a sort of funny joke.   And making up a fake
listserv address for Kyle's list today may be a mildly humorous joke.   But Al
has
also posted misleading information about the UCD many times, stirring up
opposition to it, and that's not funny or fair or good list behavior.   It's
fine if
University City folks choose to oppose the UCD for legitimate, factual,
reasons - but quite different if they are led to oppose the UCD because they
believe
the misinformation and exaggerations of someone who doesn't play fair with
the facts in a public forum.

On the current listserv, every time a frequent poster launches into a message
containing inaccurate, exaggerated or downright untrue "facts," somebody else
feels compelled to contradict the original story, and the arguments are
unending.  I'm doing it now, since you believed Al's ridiculous address for
Kyle's
list.   This is a waste of too many peoples' time and takes up too many
messages.   I've been a fan of the original UC listserv for many years - it's
over
ten years old now - but the posting of false facts and the arguments that
follow is a serious problem.   On an unmoderated list, there's no consequences
for
posting false information.   I'm hoping that on Kyle's new, slightly moderated
list, this problem will be eliminated.

Melani Lamond

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at