Tony,

To my observation, Ray¹s posts are typically criticisms of institutions and
their activities in the public arena, which is entirely appropriate in an
open democratic society.  Of course, those institutions are made up of
individual people, and often criticism or analysis of the activities of
those institutions necessarily involves the leaders or other participants
who act for the institution, but that comes with the territory of choosing
to participate in public and civic life.  If people take criticism of their
institutions personally, or want to play a public role without being
publicly accountable for their decisions and acts, they should get out of
the public arena.  That¹s a very different thing than singling out an
individual for a campaign of relentless, nasty, personal attacks on private
matters.  Characterizing Ray¹s criticisms or questioning of civic
institutions as ³attacking neighbors² confuses the individual and the
institution, the public realm and the private.  It¹s also ³spin.²

And libel is not a ³crime.²

Kimm