This is an appropriate list for finding service experts in the kind of housing that flourishes in University City. Advertising of apartments is frowned on by group consensus, although occasional slack is cut for a non-commercial homeowner with a spot of surplus space. It's always appropriate to seek apartments or roommates here.

Other than that, discussion is very wide-ranging over any sort of topics that interest about 300 readers who are connected to University City (if only to deny it exists). It is not "the voice of University City" for sure, but it is a well-recognized voice.

UC-list is unmoderated, so the contents of any post bear no stamp of quality control from anybody beyond the poster. Read all posts with /caveat emptor/ in mind at all times.

Most people appreciate if you sign your real street name, Drexel Guy (or is it Guy Drexel?), as this is primarily a list for physical neighbors who bump into each other from time to time. So no masked-ball sigs, please, especially when real business is at stake. Otherwise, come back early and often if you like University City!

You will also find housecare issues addressed on Ucneighbors, another University City listserve that sees substantial traffic. It is lightly moderated.

-- Tony West
I am sorry for my previous empty messages.
They were attempts to post a qustion to this list. I was told my a MySpace
friend that this list was a good resource for finding electicians and plumbers and maybe good landlords or housemates. This does not seem to be the right list, although I did apprecaiet that people answered my question two weeks ago. But this list is very interesting. What is it about?
Drexelguy47