Does Amy Gutmann know about this??? I hear she made some reference recently
to a Joni Mitchell song, saying that inside of paving over paradise, Penn is
going to turn a parking lot into a Paradise -- about the new postal lands.
Boy, is she cute or what?

Meanwhile, here on 48th St I've been looking down at a massive traffic jam
all day with LOUD HONKING, all because Hardy Boy Williams thinks it's cool
to block off Baltimore from 48th to 51st every year to hold some dumb party.
He doesn't even LIVE here, the jerk. And while the schadenfreude of watching
frustrated motorists grind out their lives in a traffic jam provides a
little comfort, I'd rather that he hold his party in a vacant lot somewhere.
Also he's messing up public transit, as the 34 trolley can't go through.

Don't know what advice to offer you, Ms. Mayer, other than to call Amy.
Don't you have some pull at the President's office? You could threaten to
camp on the sidewalk in front of her mansion and play loud Joni Mitchell
records or bebop jazz till all hours of the night.

Indignantly,

Ross Bender
http://rossbender.org/scarypeople.html