In a message dated 9/1/2007 8:14:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Don't know what advice to offer you, Ms. Mayer, other than to call Amy. Don't
you have some pull at the President's office? You could threaten to camp on
the sidewalk in front of her mansion and play loud Joni Mitchell records or
bebop jazz till all hours of the night.

Indignantly,

Ross Bender

I view a block party on a three-day weekend that coincides with the start of
a school year differently than Ann does (and, admittedly, it's not within
funky-vibe distance of where I'm sitting). However, I wouldn't insult her for
expressing her annoyance as she has.

Maybe that's the way they do things over at the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])  rude neighbor list. If this is
indeed the case, you should have just posted there rather than cross-posted
and polluted the civil discourse over here, under what seems to be the tacit
assumption that everybody wants to read your belittling attack on both a rather
nice long-time neighbor and the president of one of the great research
universities of the world. We of the Proprietary Party, grounded in the
principles of
William Penn as we are, respect one another's opinion whether or not we agree.

Al Krigman
Holier than Cardinal Richelieu