This page was sent to you by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Al and/or others may have objected to my reply of August 14, reproduced below,
but Allan Greenspan blames Bush, Cheney and the Republican Congress for
abandoning fiscal restraint. Click the New York Times article link for the
article in today's paper. Please explain which tax cuts that came into effect
in 2006 or 2007 account for the decrease in the federal budget deficit and the
7 percent increase in revenues. Also, what is so laudable about a 10 month
budget deficit of $150 billion, other than its being $81 billion less than the
budget deficit in the similar period of 2006? Could it be that the difference
is that the democrats marginally control Congress in calendar year 2007, rather
than that there has been a change in the tax rates? Or could it just be that
revenues tend to go up when the economy is in a growth cycle? May I also remind
you that the last time there was no budget deficit, or there was a modest
surplus, was when Clinton was President? Last, I will remind ev!
 eryone that the budget deficit is a fiscal year thing. The national debt, on
the other hand is a cumulative burden, and the Bush administration and
Republican Congresses have ballooned that national debt in 6 years of political
control in Washington. Elliot On 14 Aug 2007, at 6:23 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote: In a message dated 8/14/2007 6:01:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL
PROTECTED] writes: Our city's government with inept strategic planning pushes
the city towards further strat

BUSINESS | September 15, 2007
Fed's Ex-Chief Attacks Bush on Fiscal Role
By EDMUND L. ANDREWS and DAVID E. SANGER
In his long-awaited memoir, Alan Greenspan is harshly critical of Republicans
for abandoning their principles on spending and deficits.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/15/business/15greenspan.html?ex=1190520000&en=f6bf0a626ad66aef&ei=5070&emc=eta1

ABOUT THIS E-MAIL
This e-mail was sent to you by a friend through NYTimes.com's E-mail This
Article service.  For general information about NYTimes.com, write to [EMAIL
PROTECTED]

NYTimes.com 620 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10018

Copyright 2007 The New York Times Company