From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: UnivCity@list.purple.com
Sent: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 7:11 am
Subject: Re: Landlord meeting [was: Re: [UC] Who do sworn officers of the
Philadelphia...

In a message dated 9/29/2007 12:12:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Your
  minutes and Al's posts don't disclose whether Al or anyone else asked the Lt.
  why he was using a UCD card.? Did anyone actually ask him or better yet,
  criticize him directly?

Yes, I did. Both. But, after the meeting, in private, since the point was
relevant to his personal conduct and not to the meeting or to the safety and
security issues he formally addressed (doing so?in the role of?a
Philadelphia police officer and not as a UCD staff member).

I asked him (lame answer -- the Police Dept doesn't give us any of our
  own).

And I criticized his use of the cards?to his face. In doing so,
  I?pointed out the implication and advised him to cease using them on his
  own because I was going to lodge a formal complaint with the city (through
  Councilwoman Blackwell), and were she to?take action, he'd come off
  "cleaner" if he could say he didn't realize the implications and stopped
using
  them as soon as the issue was pointed out to him by one of the solid
  citizens.

?

Enquiring minds want to know... and now they do.

?

Al Krigman

http://mail.aol.com