In a message dated 11/8/2007 5:43:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I recall  from my training that a
poll worker may not show a voter who to vote for  inside the polling place.

As a former duly-elected and highly-trained Judge of Elections (just ask
Matt Wolfe for an endorsement -- and I'm not a Republican), I can tell you flat

out that no poll worker is allowed to do anything like this at all. There are
even very strict rules about the limited conditions under which a poll worker
 can breach the curtain of the voting machine to assist a citizen who needs
and  asks for help with something -- precisely to avoid any hint of influence.

This is a serious breach of ethics and propriety -- not to mention the law
-- and should be reported to the City Commissioners' office as well as the
Committee of Seventy.

Always at  your service
Judge Krigman (Matt tells me I have that honorific for  life, which is why
I'm butting into this particular  thread)