In a message dated 12/6/2007 10:24:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

For a  view of a complex and sophisticated governmental partnership
crafted by  Councilwoman Jannie Blackwell -- from a perspective that is
not  Center-City-centric -- take a look at today's Philadelphia Public
Record,  at:

http://phillyrecord.com/2007/1206/1206-index.html

Good article -- especially considering how negative both the Inky and DN
have been about the Councilwoman's brilliant strategic use of the YSC to
benefit
a part of the neighborhood that, as you note, is "vulnerable."

But you left something out. My sources inform me that the $80,000 flackette
(she got a raise) sent you the following comment:

"The University City District is delighted that its plans for the  community
center and safety-themed high school have come to fruition," said  UCD
Executive Director, Wendell Lewis. "It's another example of how our
award-winning
'clean and safe' program, coupled with the successful marketing  of the
University City District using classy banners, newly designed  urbane
storefronts, and
crowd-pleasing concerts by world-renown orchestras in  our very own UCD parks
can transform and elevate a neighborhood. We  wish to thank Councilwoman
Jannie L Blackwell for helping make this all  happen."

Al  Krigman
Left of Ivan Grozny

products.