In a message dated 2/26/2008 5:52:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

"(University Architect) Hollenberg, along with other Penn
administrators involved in the project, said they have yet to hear  any
negative feedback." Uh-huh.

Penn and my grandmother (some wags might say I inherited this
characteristic) hear what they want to hear. Any relationship with this and
what  people try
to tell them is purely coincidental.

I suspect they also claim not to have heard anything negative about the
giant Rubic's Cube they built at 40th & Chestnut. Of course, people knocked
the
Guggenheim museum when it was first built and Frank Furness wasn't exactly
loved by one and all in his time. So the Hub, the Radian, the Huntsmann
building
at Wharton, the High Rises on Locust Walk, the Fresh Grocer/garage, etc may
yet  go down as architectural icons of great genius.

Remember, you read it first here, on the  popu-list

,
Al  Krigman

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)