Consumers,

A few years back, I recognized the path to plutocracy that the District and the
US were heading towards. I decided to buy a property in Canada and ultimately
move permanently.

Let me tell you how my city of Hamilton ON handles trash. First of all,
residents are provided with a close approximation of pick up time. It's not 7AM
pick-up one week and 7 PM the next. The sanitation officials plan the routes
and communicate the plan.

Residents have clear comprehensive instructions delivered to them explaining,
the time, comprehensive weekly recycling, trash, rules, etc.

The sanitation crew, friendly and polite, is empowered to respond to improper
disposal. If the trash is too heavy, for example, they will leave the trash but
place a polite warning sticker. (I know that the vast majority of my neighbors
and the students who live in our community beyond the elite corporate ghetto
want to follow reasonable rules. Essentially, the majority of people don't need
the confusing intimidating fines pushed by the UCD trash ticket machine.) The
vast majority of citizens sometimes make honest mistakes, but the vast majority
try to correct these, when told, without the need for intimidation, bullying
and fleecing.  Of course, the elite types of the corporate ghetto have never
actually disposed of trash because that is what servants are for.

I think the government is viewed by the Canadian people, as a service to the
people. Unlike here, the government is the enemy of the people and only exists
to serve their corporate masters.

Anyway, that is how the trash is handled in Hamilton ON. And Canada is a hell
of a lot cleaner and safer than the fuckin' UC/Penn district. And the quality
of life is a hell of a lot better without the fear and intimidation pushed by
the government; of the corporations, by the corporations and for the
corporations.

Stuck for 2 more years,

Glenn