In a message dated 3/24/2008 1:33:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I don't  think the conflict here is simply between the
neighbors and penn. I think  the conflict is also to be found
in shca's hesitancy to stand up for the  neighbors it claims
to serve, to stand by its mission statement wrt  zoning.

In all fairness -- and it's no secret that I'm not exactly a fan of SHCA,
let alone its defender -- the organization went on record at the open meeting
of
 its zoning committee last month that it wouldn't come to a determination
until  discussions between the Woodland Terrace people and the developers were
concluded. Presumably either having reached a compromise that would work on
both  parts on not.

While it appears unlikely that any such compromise is in the offing --
because the concessions the developers appear ready to give do not address what

the opponents consider the fundamental problems -- the delay in the zoning
committee's decision to endorse, oppose, or take no stand should not be
interpreted one way or the other. In fact, a decision reached before both
parties to
the compromise negotiations have presented their conclusions would be  a
mistake on SHCA's part.

Always at  your service & ready for a dialog,
Al  Krigman

Home.