Sadly in the battle of the "Titans", I think the folks who could afford the
million dollar + Unisys condos had more, and more personal contacts, within the
spheres of influence of the decision makers than we, the neighbors of
Hotel-Abuse-the-Rules.
We must remain vigilant and vocal.  What we lack in wallets must be made up in
volume and visibility.  Our assets include some of the finest minds in the
city.  We need the words, insights and reports which protect our existing,
sensible rules, kept out in front of the fevered pitches of the profit seekers.
Zoning rules and Housing codes should not be bent to profit a few, especially
when the impact could be so over reaching.  The proposed Hotel would change the
Streetcar and main Auto entrance of our nationally designated Historic
"Victorian" neighborhood.  It would also establish a precedent which could be
used against us, very soon, at the now Campanella owned SE corner of 43rd &
Baltimore (formerly an Italianate Home and Community garden).

How many more examples of the harms, that Code changes can cause, do we need.
In the relatively few months since I was called "Chicken Little" for defending
the current height regulations?  We have been witness to news reports of
Construction Crane accidents in 4 different States with Eleven (11) deaths,
more injuries and massive property destruction (businesses lost and homes
destroyed).   Locally, in Conshocken, over 1000 families were made homeless and
many pets burned to death, and irreplaceable personal items were lost to a
fire, that whipped out of control, largely because a very reputable builder was
given a waiver on a requirement to install attic sprinkler systems.
Please be a part of preserving our rights and safety and the character of our
neighborhood.  I'm not asking you to sign up for the micromanagement of private
homes.  I am asking you to resist changes that are NOT improvements for the
majority of us.
Best!
Liz
-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Another in the list of omens for resounding defeat of Lussenhop's Folly
(formerly known as the "proposed Campus Inn)--Al KrigmanZBA Denies Unisys'
Request for Two Logo Signs on   Sides of Two Liberty Place
August 27, 2008                                                     Contact:
Mary Tracy  For immediate release                                           215
731 1796
A new day, a new way in Philadelphia.  Kudos for Philadelphia's Zoning Board of
Adjustments for making a difficult but critical decision on the proposed Unisys
signs.
The ZBA surprised the packed hearing room when they announced their decision
shortly after the end of yesterday's hearing. They unanimously denied Unisys'
request to erect two accessory signs that were each nine times larger and 37
times higher than allowed by law. Philadelphians can be very proud of the
leadership shown by the business community on this issue. The Falcone Group,
Cigna, the Shops of Liberty Place and Residences of Two Liberty added a new and
powerful voice to the discussions on public space. ###

Save hundreds on an Unsecured Loan - Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3m3iTP4lKNTkvKl5RNZ2Qw8VOPnmUA9dIn2EjY9N2sW80vQV/