In a message dated 11/18/2008 4:50:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

This previous  posting by Al Krigman about the Historical Commission's ruling
 likely making the Campus Inn zoning variance application moot is probably
true. Probably but not definitely true. The developers of this project have a
history of flouting reason and reasonability.
We're keeping our  ear to the ground to determine whether they'll be
withdrawing their zoning  application -- pending either abandoning this project
or
trying a new  approach. If they do withdraw   their application, we'll let
everybody know. If they don't abandon the  project, or if we can't find out, it
would be a good idea for those opposed to  the zoning variance to keep their
schedules open so they can attend and show  the strength of neighborhood
indignation at this project. It's Wednesday,  December  3, 12 noon, 18th floor,
 1515
Arch  Street.

Yes, I agree completely. I was a bit carried away -- and forgot that
overconfidence can be a disaster.

Also, for some reason I can't fathom, the project is back on the Historical
Commission's Architectural Committee's agenda. After spending months not
making  any changes, surely they haven't totally revised the design in the past
week.  Also, the Architectural Committee already made a recommendation to
accept
and  the Commission quashed it. What can the Committee do now that would
change this?  It makes no sense to me at all.

Al Krigman