I have some friends who live nearby in a typical three-story building with one
apartment on each floor.  I've known tenants there for many years, and it seems
very clear to me that they live in the one apartment that gets gas bills which
are VERY MUCH higher than the other two floors.  This has gone on for many
years, with different tenants.
To me, this is a case where the gas meters were almost certainly divided
incorrectly.  I know from personal experience -- many years ago! -- when I was
in an apartment where the electric metering was wrong, and I was paying to
air-condition someone else's apartment!
My question is:  what is the tenant's recourse?  They have contacted PGW and so
far have been met with indifference at best.  The building owner is out of
town, and the local agent also seems uninterested to help out.  They have
pretty strong evidence that their bill is considerably out of line with the
other two tenants.
Any thoughts from any tenants or apartment property owners?
Thanks very much
Roger Harman