My only reply is this:  Responding that way would only make me look
unprofessional if I were to walk into court or the Zoning Board hearings and
say that. But I'm not stating a professional position in a professional
setting; I'm stating my personal opinion in a public forum.  When speaking on
this list, I retain the right to speak as myself with my own opinions and
voice.

For whatever reason, you manage to drag the fact that I'm a lawyer into
virtually every discussion that involves me, whether on the listserv or in CPN
matters. For the record: I know that I'm a lawyer; I don't have to be reminded
of it 24/7.
Believe it or not, I do not feel the need to throw the fact that I'm a lawyer
into everyone's face. That is my job, not my life. It's what I do; not what I
am. And I will choose when it's appropriate to disclose that fact.

It's something that I turn on when I'm at work, and turn off the rest of the
time. I have never tried to use my job or JD degree as a bludgeon to silence or
intimidate others ("well, YOU don't know what YOU'RE talking about because I'M
a LAWYER, and I KNOW..."). I have never used that to give my opinions give any
added weight, because I believe that I can defend my opinions on their own
merits without having to inject inflated ego into the mix.  Apart from those
who may know me personally, I'm sure there are a lot of listserv readers who
may not even know that I'm a lawyer were it not for you telling them, because I
rarely have reason to mention it.

In fact, when I testified at the myriad Campus Inn hearings, I never did so as
an attorney, or tried to claim some professional aura for my private opinions.
I made it clear that I did not live in Spruce Hill, and that I was testifying
as a resident of University City who was concerned about the broader
implications if that project was allowed to go forward.

Broader implications such as what may be on the horizon at 43rd and Baltimore.
Once opened, the Pandora's box Al Krigman referred to can never be closed.

From: mlam...@aol.comdate: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 00:03:56 -0500Subject: Re: [UC]
Demolition alert:  4224 Baltimore Ave.To: kallena...@msn.com;
univc...@list.purple.comin a message dated 2/10/09 3:02:09 PM,