Melani,

> Guy, you ask a good question here, but I don't see why you attribute it to
> Karen.   Her disparaging email to me, cc'd to the list, didn't comment on
> precedent; it was personal.

It seemed pretty apparent to me that Karen was making the point that the
supporters of the hotel opened the door to the precedent that could lead to
another high rise on Campanella¹s property, which precedent is the reason
many of us oppose the hotel.

> If a small, vocal group of our UC neighbors continues to reject the
> restrictions which a local HD would impose, then, because of the increasing
> popularity of our neighborhood, we are probably beginning an era of tear-downs
> and requests for changes in height.

This is a false dichotomy and red herring.  There¹s absolutely no reason
that a historic district is the only way to maintain height restrictions.
It¹s not an either or choice.

Kimm