I stopped by and walked around this house today..met a workman who said it was slated to be demolished "within a month". (Actually, the rear of the place already seems to look a little torn apart.) He said that even though the building is empty now, it's still in pretty good shape inside. Said it was beautiful and that it was a shame to demolish such a well-built structure.

Is it good news that he said they were only supposed to gut it and leave the masonary structure intact?

A recent breezeway addition connects this main structure to another little brick building in the rear, and that looks like it connects to one of the apartment houses on Chester?

-cm