Why not contact the Dept of Streets/Sanitation to see if they employ an environmentally responsible disposal program.

Craig,
This is a fine idea.
Please let us know what you learn.
-Lew

On Jun 8, 2009, at 11:58 AM, craigso...@aol.com wrote:

The City of Phila accepts electronics at their 63rd Street Depot. Household chemicals are accepted at their Domino Lane facility. (And, you get to see how Nutter developed the Ridge Ave Commercial Corridor in his old councilmanic district. Very impressive.) Why not contact the Dept of Streets/Sanitation to see if they employ an environmentally responsible disposal program. I imagine they are compelled to do so by Fed & State law.

Why pay twice, if you are already paying for such services with your City tax dollars.

Ciao,

Craig

In a message dated 6/7/2009 10:00:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bgander...@gmail.com writes: I'm thinking of doing this with some of our old electronics. Anyone want to send some stuff and split the cost of a phillycarshare ... or perhaps a pedal coop rental?