Please someone--explain to me why the responses to technical-type home repair are sent off-list, and privately? I always thought (perhaps mistakenly) that one of the purposes of a neighborhood list serve was to archive answers about local services. That way they could be referred to later, and a member would not have to ask the question again? Surely, screen replacement is not an embarrassing issue that must be kept private.

Seriously though, I'm not trying to be smart-ass here--I truly don't understand?

-cm