In a message dated 10/1/2009 8:14:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
glen...@earthlink.net writes:

...  after going to Clark park when the unknown poison was dumped  ...
_____

Glenn:

You seem to be sacrificing a fair -Right To Know issue for disruptive
dramatics.

A simple request to inspect the MSDS sheets (material safety data  sheets)
of the products used in Clark Park would have been appropriate,  effective,
and very hard to deny.

The MSDS sheets should be furnished to UCD by the said contractor and made
available for public inspection. A log of application of products is most
likely maintained and also should be made available for public  inspection.

A reasonable means of publicizing the grounds maintenance protocol can be
developed. This could include a publicly accessible schedule of time and
nature of chemicals applications. Should UCD also be contracting for the
application of chemicals in other public spaces, perhaps they too could be
included.

I appreciate you raising a concern about the chemicals issue. While you are
 concerned about the dogs, Kimm about the kids, I don't want them dusting
the BBQ  chicken and produce.

I am copying this email to Dexter Bryant for appropriate distribution
within UCD and it contractors' organizations. For the sake of disclosure, I
believe Dexter was part of the project management team for one of my
contractors  when I was at the Science Center.

I am confident UCD will research the issues you have raised and conduct
their grounds maintenance in accordance with all applicable laws, ordinances,
and regulations.

Should you want to develop and present an organic alternative for grounds
maintenance, I am confident many interested members of the community and
users  of Clark Park will give it a fair review.

Ciao,

Craig