One more note related to the holidays:  I'm hoping that some of you will join
me in sending cards to Francis Horst, to cheer him up while he spends the
holidays in the hospital.

Folks on this list who live in the area around The Gables B&B at 46th & Chester
are probably familiar with Francis.  He's the guy who goes out from the Gables
almost every day, with a trash can on wheels, to pick up litter on 45th & 46th
Sts., Regent St., Springfield & Chester Ave., and other blocks around the
Gables.  He does a great job, and our blocks are usually litter-free!

Francis concentrates so deeply on his work that he's not likely to respond in a
friendly way if you try to strike up a conversation with him while he's
working.  But at other times, he enjoys visiting, chatting and being a part
of things going on at the Gables.  He has no family to speak of, and he has
health issues.  Don Caskey & Warren Cederholm at the Gables are very good
friends to him, including him in many of their gatherings with friends & family.

You may have noticed an unusual build-up of litter off and on in the past
month.  Unfortunately, Francis has been in and out of the hospital with a
variety of complications.  And he just found out this week that he must remain
in the hospital through next week - so he is not going to be able to celebrate
Christmas or New Year's with Don & Warren, who would have been taking him
upstate with them today to spend the holidays with their families.  He's very
down about this, and also very concerned about his health problems.

If you know him, or even if you don't, would you consider sending him a holiday
or  "get well" card?  He would be THRILLED to get a bunch of cards; it doesn't
matter if he doesn't recognize your name!  Here's the address:

Francis Horst
Friends Hospital
Tuke West 2
4641 Roosevelt Blvd