At 7:05 Tony directed some questions to me, in response to my post which stated
that I found his comments about the UC list and its members insulting.
I am seeing these questions now, along with several other posts by Tony, which
continue to insult the UnivCity List and its members.
Even when Tony throws in the occasional compliments he managed to make them
sound grudging or gratuitous.

I consider myself ACTIVE in several neighborhood organizations, and SUPPORTIVE
of many others.
I read many positive posts on both lists.
I read many thoughtful posts on both lists.

I don't think it is appropriate to define either list as a complete or accurate
voice for the community.
I have previously posted my frustration at the failure of many self-described
"leaders" to engage the members of our community who are not on either list, or
any e-lists.
"MY" neighborhood includes the elderly, immigrants, pre-schoolers and people
who don't have the luxury of home computers.

I don't see any huge political difference between the two lists.
UCNeighbors is sometimes more arty or playful, thanks to Kyle and Ross.
UnivCity seems a little more practical and more open to penetrating discussions
and discord.
Ultimately I don't see the need for the competitive narcissism that Tony seem
to be promoting as he harps on the superiority of one list (and its members)
over the other.
The reality in most cases is probably WE is THEY.
Does anyone know the percentage of overlap?  I bet it is quite high.

Wilma makes wonderful contributions.
Some may on the face seem negative while reading to me as a search for
acknowledgment of an ongoing need to bridge class, race and cultural
differences.
She did not deserve Tony's attack.

Sadly, Tony's 9:50 PM post reads, to me, like projection.
Was Tony looking in a mirror when he wrote,
"An unmoderated listserve runs an equal risk of reflecting only the views
of discredited streetcorner ranters, because they are the only public
speakers who have nothing better to do with their time -- but can't
withstand any judgemental filter for their writing. So they wind up
clogging the drain on UC-list. They're not that much fun, and they're
not very informative either."
I read this as his autobiography for today.

Some days Tony makes wonderful contributions.
Today, not so much.
I am tired of people who deny their own behavior, even while they are attacking
similar behavior in others.

I am happy to have access to both UnivCIty and UCNeighbors.
I am grateful to Jeff and Kyle for the tools they have given us.

I am no fan of Glenn's methods but, just because he often acts obsessed or
sounds paranoid, it doesn't mean he's always wrong.

I hope all enjoy some lovely rest and wake up charged up o do well while doing
good.

Best!
Liz

Please note: message attached