I know I'm opening myself up to an attack, but the same groups also do not use
UC Neighbors. So what's being proved?

Speaking as a Cedar Park Neighbors Board member for the past 14 years, CPN has
its own website and a membership list that we use to send out information.

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:05:19 -0400
From: anthony_w...@earthlink.net
To: univcity@list.purple.com
Subject: Re: [UC] why community activists avoid this list

Really, Liz? I thought it calm, informative, observant and factual.

Of the numerous community groups in University City City, how many can you name
whose activists use UC-list as an information medium?

If they don't in fact, use it ... do you have an alternative explanation for
why they don't, which is better than my explanation? Why do you think the
following vibrant groups seldom comment on this listserve (I'm all ears)? --

Friends of Clark Park, Friends of Malcolm X Park, Friends of Barkan Park,
Friends of the Walnut Street West Library, Penn Alexander HSA, Lee HSA, Wilson
HSA, University City Historical Society, the A-Space, Powelton Civic Ass'n,
Walnut Hill Community Ass'n, Cedar Park Neighbors, Garden Court Community
Association, Spruce Hill Community Association, West Shore Community, Dist.
Health Ctr. 3, University Square Association, Woodland Ave. Reunion, University
City City Arts League, People's Emergency Ctr., Community Education Ctr. (I
could go on and on.)

(A) Why do you think none of these groups want to touch this listserve with a
10-foot pole? (B) Why do you think it's the messenger's fault (me) for pointing
out the obvious? I think these data more likely point to a flaw in UC-list's
underlying design.

But if you can correct these flaws and solve these problems, you know I'll
stick with it!

-- Tony West