Our neighbor Bill Melette passed away yesterday.
He collapsed a while ago and never recovered.

Among my favorite memories of Bill are his participation at the annual "De
Sales Nights" and "Parish Porch Sales" at St. Francis de Sales.
Bill was a professional Chef who would volunteer his time and talents to
produce and serve incredible food.
In doing so, he improved our events and strengthened our community.

Perhaps his most spectacular event was the Camelot Banquet which featured a
gigantic cooked Pig, glazed, parsleyed and apple stuffed.
Bill proudly carved. standing possibly 6'5" and looking even taller under his
towering chef's toque.
It was one of the best meals I've ever had, and I am still incredulous at the
memory of that party, and how much fabulous fun was generated for a relatively
low price.  Maureen Tate hooked up a live Band (Second Vision); Susan Weiler,
Rod Boston and the choir decorated the Hall; and Mary Allegra coordinated
deserts and flowers and Bill cooked and served the food.
Bill helped produce many successful De Sales Nights, but seeing that Pig, the
largest I have ever seen cooked, stretched out over a 4' expanse of table left
an indelible memory.
Bill also produced tasty Chili and hot dogs for less formal events.
He was consistently generous with his time and talent.

I also enjoyed seeing Bill in Church on Sundays.
Bill was one of those guys who seemed happy with his choices.
He was openly affectionate toward his wife Pat, and proud of their son Dominick.
I saw the family together recently and was introduced to Dominick's steady girl.
I enjoyed the way Bill reveled in the success of his son: his graduation from
USiP; winning a good job; buying a first home; attracting and respecting a
woman who is beautiful and successful in her own right.

Many of us will miss Bill.

I have been asked by Sister Alice Daly, IHM to share the information on the
Funeral Mass at:
         Epiphany of Our Lord         11th and Jackson         Philadelphia, PA
19148         215-334-1035Bill's wake will be from 8:30AM to 9:30AM followed
byFuneral Mass at 9:30 AM  on Saturday, August 14th at
I have many Digital Albums  with photos of the De Sales Nights, but am missing
some years.
If anyone can send me photos from the missing years, I would be delighted to
get them.
There are photos of Bill and Pat Melette among my Public Picasa Albums.
www.PicasaWeb.google.com/CampionEF
I am not sure why I am asked to forward memorial notices, but it is an honor to
recall my contacts with the Melette family.
I am dorry for their enormous loss and hope they will find peace supported by
many happy memories of an exceptional husband and father.

All the best!

Elizabeth Campion
PRUDENTIAL, FOX & ROACH REALTORS, LLC
210 W. Rittenhouse Square, Suite 406
Phila, PA 19103
215-790-5653 Desk & Voicemail
215-880-2930 Cell & Emergency
215-546-9781 Shared office Fax

campio...@juno.com  or
home.in.ph...@juno.com for Rental questions

Link to Photos of available Listings and public, 'social' photos:
www.PicasaWeb.google.com/CampionEF
To check out all PFR and Multiple Listed Properties and
to review CONSUMER NOTICE, link to
www.PruFoxRoach.com
Your referral is a welcome compliment.
All the best in 2010 and beyond!