From: Debora Kodish kod...@folkloreproject.org
Subject: Please consider joining the Philadelphia Folklore Project
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 21:50:03 -0400

Dear friends, I am writing to ask for your help. PFP's fiscal year ends August
31st, and we need to add 21 new members to end the year in a healthy
state� and to begin our new year with the resources we need. If you are
able to join with a donation of any amount, it will mean a great deal. When you
join PFP, you invest in the region's cultural health and its artistic
diversity� and you let us know that you think that what we do matters.
Ensuring that community traditions can continue to be heard, valued and
practiced takes all of us. Any help that you can offer will be deeply
appreciated. You can give through our secure website
(https://order.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?storeID=NMR&&;) or by printing and
sending the form at the bottom of the letter below. Thank you for your
consideration in these hard times. All best end-of-summer wishes - and in the
hope that we'll see you at PFP soon. . .With thanks, Debora KodishPhiladelphia
Folklore Project / 735 S. 50th St. / Philadelphia, PA 19143 / 215.726.1106 /
www.folkloreproject.org- - - -Dear friend,
Where else in Philadelphia can you learn traditional needlework patterns from
Palestinian women, hear Liberian proverbs shared by immigrant elders, document
your own cultural heritage, get help in developing your folk arts project,
consider your relationships to enslaved Africans who labored here more than 200
years ago, and experience a practice of peace and compassion as a Tibetan lay
monk makes a mandala out of countless colored grains of sand? For 23 years, PFP
has been a trusted place where people come to share and to build folk arts that
work in different ways for social change. Our free programs help create real
alternatives and vital communities. But PFP programming depends on community
support: your donation.
Become a PFP member now, and help sustain meaningful artistic and cultural
diversity in our city. Give whatever you wish ($25, $60, $100 or more)�
and help us weather the challenging economy. Here is some of what your support
makes possible:
� Artist residency programs that offer important local folk and
traditional artists opportunities to develop significant work. This year, PFP
supported the remarkable collaboration of tap dancer Germaine Ingram, jazz
musician Bobby Zankel and visual artist John Dowell as they created a
multimedia piece imagining the experiences of the nine enslaved Africans
laboring in George Washington�s President House in the 1790s. More than
200 people witnessed this work-in-progress and shared feedback. The project let
us all consider what responsibilities we bear for painful pasts, and how folk
arts can carry forward legacies and freedom dreams. � Technical
assistance workshops that address the barriers that impede community-based folk
arts.  Our new Community Folklife Documentation Workshop offered hands-on help
to artists and community members producing work documenting meaningful
traditions. Other workshops on grant-writing and ongoing mentoring have over 23
years returned a remarkable $2.95 million to 543+ local artists and community
groups for important cultural heritage projects in local neighborhoods: real
community investment. Real return on your investment.
 � Folk arts education programs that keep culturally significant arts
accessible to the next generation. At the Folk-Arts Cultural Treasures Charter
School (which we helped to found), dynamic teaching artists build 400+ young
peoples� capacity to discover the world (and themselves) through free
artist residencies and ensembles.
� Folk Arts House programs that are your open door to what diverse local
traditions mean, here and now. Local traditional artists share experiences and
arts with you in more than 30 free PFP gallery openings, salons and workshops
annually. This year, exhibitions on Palestinian women�s needlework, and
on Mid-Autumn festival in Chinatown, opened conversations about the place of
folk arts in addressing displacement. More than 800+ of you stopped by. . .

And there is more� our archive, magazine and documentary videos preserve
(and widen) the record of community experiences and expressions. In multiple
media, we give important local folk and traditional artists the attention they
deserve. Visit our website for more details: www.folkloreproject.org
Can we count on your contribution of $25, $60, $100 or more, in support of
PFP�s programs? Every gift will make a difference. Please return the
slip below, or donate online through our secure server: www.folkloreproject.org
 With many thanks, and all good wishes for a happy and healthy summer,
Debora Kodish, Director
P.S. For the last 23 years, we have relied on public investment�through
donations like yours�to give us the resources to stay independent and
set our own agenda, sustaining serious cultural diversity in this city. Help us
continue to support real alternatives for our communities. Please make a
contribution to PFP today.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Yes! I want to
invest in sustainable folk arts in Philadelphia. Enclosed is my donation to PFP
of: __ $25 Basic __ $35 Family __ $60 Contributor __ $150 Supporter __ $250 __
$500 $____Other
__ Sweat Equity/ I can give time, and volunteer in some way

Name:
______________________________________________________________________________Address:
 __________________________________________________Phone:_____________________

City: _________________________   State: _____   Zip: _________
E-mail:____________________
Mail to: Philadelphia Folklore Project � 735 S. 50th St. �
Phila., PA 19143 � 215-726-1106 � www.folkloreproject.org
The official registration and financial information of the Philadelphia
Folklore Project may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by
calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not
imply endorsement._______________________________________

Elizabeth Campion
PRUDENTIAL, FOX & ROACH REALTORS, LLC
210 W. Rittenhouse Square, Suite 406
Phila, PA 19103
215-790-5653 Desk & Voicemail
215-880-2930 Cell & Emergency
215-546-9781 Shared office Fax

campio...@juno.com  or
home.in.ph...@juno.com for Rental questions

Link to Photos of available Listings and public, 'social' photos:
www.PicasaWeb.google.com/CampionEF
To check out all PFR and Multiple Listed Properties and
to review CONSUMER NOTICE, link to
www.PruFoxRoach.com
Your referral is a welcome compliment.
All the best in 2010 and beyond!
1 Tip for Losing Weight
Cut down 2 lbs per week by using this 1 weird old tip
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c7978a2e18ea8de3d8st03vuc