I recommend that if you want to promote bigotry and homophobia then by all
means join the boy scouts!
Frank Sarlo

-----Original Message-----
From: "campio...@juno.com" <campio...@juno.com>
Sender: owner-univc...@list.purple.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:25:51
To: <pf...@ccat.sas.upenn.edu>; <UnivCity@list.purple.com>;
<ucneighb...@hector.asc.upenn.edu>
Subject: [UC] Boy Scouts recruiting for new members as the new School-year
begins

I noticed signs are posted to recruit Boy Scouts and thought I&rsquo;d
volunteer that my experiences with the program at St. Francis de Sales were
mostly wonderful.  I recommend that parents investigate and consider enrolling
their sons.  The link provided was www.BeAScout.org
The De Sales Scouts meet as follows:
            Cub Pack 352 on Fridays from 7 PM-8:30 PM
            Boy Troop 152 on Wednesdays from 7 PM-8:30 PM
Show up a few minutes early to meet leaders, introduce your kid and sample a
meeting.
De Sales troops have been culturally, ethnically, racially and religiously
diverse.  The boys have benefited from experience of inter-dependence and
finding common ground.
Cub Scouting is for boys in the first through fifth grades, or (ages 7-10 if
home-schooled).
Each Boy must join with an adult who will attend meetings and activities and
share leadership responsibilities.  Cubbing strengthens family relationships,
introduces boys to a community beyond school, and helps build character,
citizenship training, fitness and life skills.
Boy Scouting is for boys who are 11-18, (or at least 10 and completed fifth
grade or earned the Arrow of Light Award).
Boys experience vigorous outdoor activities, including 4-season camping.  They
rotate peer leadership responsibilities. They pursue merit badges in the
process developing skills and acquiring experiences that range from using tools
to planning trips and agendas, to chairing meetings.  In past years the scouts
of St. Francis de Sales have enjoyed outdoor activities including Biking,
Climbing, Geo-caching, Hiking, and Scuba-Diving, Swimming. Scouts also team up
to help Eagle Candidates complete projects that serve our community.  In recent
years this included building and stocking a Library for homeless families,
promoting recycling, converting a littered lot into a beautiful community
garden, running an inclusive public Halloween event and creating an incentive
program for children with Diabetes.
Venturing is coed, for high School kids and teens, (13-19). I am not sure if
SFDS still has an active Venture troop.  But I know some local girls who had
some remarkable adventures (including learning to juggle and unicycle, camping,
swimming, etc.) as recent members.  If not still active, I hope parents with
kids who can benefit from this program will organize to reactivate it.  The
Venture program encourages positive experiences through exciting and meaningful
youth-run activities and adventures.  It helps teens pursue their special
interests, grow by teaching others, and develop leadership skills.
Volunteering with the Boy Scouts of America is an opportunity to help kids and
work toward a better future families and the community.
Scouting volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, and
include young adults, through housewives, construction workers and folks with
Ph.D.s.
Scouting experience is useful but not critical.
Often, Volunteers start as Cub parents and continue as Scout Leaders.
For many leaders the opportunities to camp at beautiful sites, learn new skills
and build lifelong friendships while having fun, is almost as meaningful as the
good they do for their own kids and the other children of the troop.
Children grow up fast. The time we invest in our kids today will make a
difference in the people they becomes tomorrow.

Elizabeth Campion
PRUDENTIAL, FOX & ROACH REALTORS, LLC
210 W. Rittenhouse Square, Suite 406
Phila, PA 19103
215-790-5653 Desk & Voicemail
215-880-2930 Cell & Emergency
215-546-9781 Shared office Fax

campio...@juno.com  or
home.in.ph...@juno.com for Rental questions

Link to Photos of available Listings and public, 'social' photos:
www.PicasaWeb.google.com/CampionEF
To check out all PFR and Multiple Listed Properties and
to review CONSUMER NOTICE, link to
www.PruFoxRoach.com
!
Globe Life Insurance