Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 7:30 pm
LĂșnasa

"The hottest Irish acoustic band on the planet." - Irish Voice
"State-of-the-art Irish music as aggressively infectious as you'll ever hear."
- Dirty Linen

At  Crossroads Music, 48th Street and Baltimore Avenue (in Calvary Church).
Tickets are $20 suggested, $30 if you can, $10 if you can't, $5 under 12.

Tickets and more information at http://www.crossroadsconcerts.org. Buying your
tickets online costs you no more, helps our cash flow, and reduces lines at the
entrance and crowding in the lobby.

Since 1997, LĂșnasa has become one of the most sought-after bands on the
international Irish music scene with inventive arrangements and bass-driven
grooves redefining Irish music by going right to the heart of its rhythms. With
its distinctive use of the upright acoustic bass - brought front and center by
Trevor Hutchinson's remarkable playing - teamed with Paul Hennessey's
percussive guitar, the group seeks out the essential heartbeat of a tune.
"There are lots of great melodies in Irish music but often people don't hear
the rhythms underneath," says fiddler and founding member Sean Smyth. "We try
to relate the swing or energy out of the music, using new rhythms, letting each
instrument add its own unique layer. We'll play the same tune over and over
searching for the groove, exploring it. We let the music find its pulse." The
result is a sound that, though distinctly Irish in flavor, touches on jazz and
other improvisational music forms.

Tickets and more information at http://www.crossroadsconcerts.org. Buying your
tickets online costs you no more, helps our cash flow, and reduces lines at the
entrance and crowding in the lobby.

Upcoming events
Friday, October 22: Brian McNeill
Songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and founding member of the legendary
Battlefield Band
"In an unrivalled position at the top of the league... Scotland's most
meaningful contemporary songwriter" - Edinburgh Scotsman

Saturday, November 20: To be announced

Saturday, December 4, 2010:
Eateleh: A Life in Klezmer
Elaine Hoffman Watts, Susan Lankin Watts and Friends
"A 3rd-generation klezmer, the mother of a next generation of klezmorim, and a
raucous, wonderful storyteller. The Philly sound in full force and
dance-compelling splendor." - Ari Davidow

Saturday, December 12 at 7:30 pm: To be announced

Supporters
Crossroads Music is in part supported by the Philadelphia Cultural Fund and the
Samuel S. Fels Fund. This project is supported by the Pennsylvania Council on
the Arts, a state agency, through the Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA),
its regional arts funding partnership. State government funding for the arts
depends upon an annual appropriation by the Pennsylvania General Assembly and
from the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency. PPA is administred
in this region by the Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance.