Thank you, Melani for this information.  In a related and similar vein, one
may want to sign up for http://www.readynotifypa.org/  This site allows you
to get notifications regarding a number of issues.

You can sign up for text and/or email alerts for as many or as few as you
want from the list below. [Warning: I signed up for too much at first and my
cell was going off all the time and my email inbox was flooded. I do like
the trolley info though...6a to 6p is fine for me (not 24/7).  Sunoco info
is not bad to have, and I signed up for the police district for where I work
as well as where I live, and the health alert..)

Here is a list to give you an idea:
Weather Warnings * Weather Warnings from NOAA/National Weather Service will
be sent 24/7. Please note you may receive a high volume of messages. Freeze
and Heat warnings may not be delivered through this feed. Life-threatening
weather emergency information will also be sent to all subscribers as an
emergency alert.

Weather Warnings 9AM-9PM * Weather Warnings from NOAA/National Weather
Service will be sent between 9:00AM to 9:00PM EST. Please note you may
receive a high volume of messages. Freeze and Heat warnings may not be
delivered through this feed. Life-threatening weather emergency information
will also be sent to all subscribers as an emergency alert.

River - Delaware at Trenton * Offers flood warnings for the Delaware River
at Trenton
River - Schuylkill at Philadelphia * Offers flood warnings related to the
Schuylkill River at Philadelphia

SEPTA Alerts
SEPTA Broad Street Line 24x7 * Cancellations and delays
SEPTA Broad Street Line 6a - 6p * Cancellations and delays
SEPTA Bus 24x7 * Cancellations and diversions for SEPTA City Bus Service
SEPTA Bus 6a - 6p * Cancellations and delays for SEPTA bus service
SEPTA Market-Frankford Line 24x7 * Cancellations and delays
SEPTA Market-Frankford Line 6a - 6p * Cancellations and delays
SEPTA Norristown High Speed Line 24x7 * Alerts for the SEPTA Route 100
Norristown High Speed Line, with service from 69th Street to Norristown
SEPTA Norristown High Speed Line 6a - 6p * Cancellations and delays for
SEPTA's Norristown High Speed Line (Route 100)from 6 am to 6 pm weekdays
SEPTA Regional Rail 24x7 * Cancellations and disruptions on SEPTA Regional
Rail trains
SEPTA Regional Rail 6a - 6p * Cancellations and delays
SEPTA Trolleys 24x7 * Cancellations and diversions for SEPTA Trolleys
(Routes 10, 11, 13, 15, 34, 36)
SEPTA Trolleys 6a - 6p * Cancellations and delays for SEPTA Trolley service
from 6 am to 6 pm weekdays

Sunoco Refinery Alerts
Sunoco Refinery Notifications * Provides notifications for unusual events or
events with public impact for Sunoco Refinery in South Philadelphia.

Police Alerts
*PPD Citywide Police Alerts * Citywide police alerts and informational
messages will be sent through this group. Users who register for one or more
District alerts will not automatically receive these alerts. You must sign
up for this group to receive these alerts.

01st District * Crime alerts and information updates(South Phila)
02nd District * Crime alerts and information (Lawncrest, Oxford Circle)
03rd District * Crime alerts and information(Queen Village, Bella Vista)
04th District * Crime alerts and information(Pennsport)
05th District * Crime alerts and information(Roxborough, Manayunk)
06th District * Crime alerts and information(Center City East)
07th District * Crime alerts and information(Bustleton, Somerton)
08th District * Crime alerts and information (Torresdale, Pennypack)
09th District * Crime alerts and information(Center City West)
12th District * Crime alerts and information(Southwest Philadelphia)
14th District * Crime alerts and information(Germantown, Mt. Airy, Chestnut
Hill)
15th District * Crime alerts and information(Frankford, Mayfair, Tacony)
16th District * Crime alerts and information(Powelton Village, Parkside,
Mantua)
17th District * Crime alerts and information(Point Breeze, Grays Ferry)
18th District * Crime alerts and information(University City, Cobbs Creek)
19th District * Crime alerts and information(Overbrook, Wynnefield)
22nd District * Crime alerts and information(North Philadelphia)
23rd District * Crime alerts and information(North Philadelphia)
24th District * Crime alerts and information(Richmond, Juniata Park)
25th District * Crime alerts and information(Fairhill)
26th District * Crime alerts and information(Kensington)
35th District * Crime alerts and information(Logan, Olney, East Oak Lane)
39th District * Crime alerts and information(East Falls, Nicetown-Tioga)

Missing Children * Alerts will include Amber Alerts issued by State Police
as well as Philadelphia alerts issued by Philadelphia Police.

Traffic Alerts
Road Closures 24x7 * Road closure notifications 24 hours a day from PennDOT
and the Philadelphia Police Department.
Road Closures 7a-10p * Road closure notifications during daytime hours. Be
advised- if a reopen occurs outside of these hours, you will not receive the
alert.

Health Alerts
Health Alert * Offers alerts related to health, sent by the City of
Philadelphia Health Department

Closings
City Government Closings * Emergency Government Office Closing Information
from the City of Philadelphia
Court Closings * Closing Information from the Philadelphia County Courts

Bordering Municipalities
Bucks County Emergency Alerts
Chester County Emergency Alerts
Delaware County Emergency Alerts