once we got our windows and door replaced and buttoned up our exterior (we used
definis from northeast philly) we went with sears for our central air because
of the mass media commercial exposure as kids and we wanted 'reliable service
with a name we could trust'.

then we learned the reality:(  there was no sears truck.  step 1 was a
consultation from a fancy dressed salesperson who really didn't seem to know a
lick about hvac.  STEP2 we then discovered that sears subcontracts the install
to joe installer. sears covers the first year of warranty, everything afterward
is between you and the installer.  our first installer was as good as as our
first consultant/sales person.  metalwork was slightly better than my first
metalworking merit badge from boyscout days :P 3rd, $$$ also concerned by how
often unit kicked on and first electric bill. 4th -sears did however provide
great customer service and reassessed our install.  turned out our
heater/blower was only a 'single phase' whereas a dual phase is needed as
pushing the cooled air is a greater load on older blowers! if heater is over 5
years old, i'd recommend replacing it at the same time for efficiency and money
savings.

in the long run, sears and the subsequent contractor who fixed everything made
us very happy and it's really nice to enjoy a completely cooled off home and
not just one bedroom with a window unit:D good luck!
-chris