Actually, in my experience in community organizing, this is absolutely
false.  Public institutions respond to the people who are pressuring them,
and ignore those who are not.  It may or may not be just or fair, but it is.

If we want the rec department to stop applying toxic chemicals to Clark
Park, we can get that to happen.  It would not be that hard.

Kimm