From the public listserv, Darco replies to Glenn on 5/27/11

"So, taking your view that Clark Park will soon have no trespassing signs and a big red and blue P emblazoned on the new open area in Park A...

But wait, you say, we can vote them out of office! Yet every at-large incumbent won in the primary. So, it seems that the voters don't share your (or my) views."

Absolute lies, Darco!  At first, I thought Tony West was using your e-mail!

Darco, I pleaded with you not to get caught up with the tactics of Tony and the FOCP. This tactic you are now using, referred to as the straw man fallacy, has been exposed on this public list. You need to use this with a more ignorant audience, like the FOCP leaders have been doing for a very long time!

It's a tactic used to intimidate the passive audience into remaining silent, as they see how any and all dissent to concentrated power is attacked. It's one of the most common tactics used by civic association leaders, which is why I reprimanded you and made the connection. There's no way to have a mature discussion with people using this tactic!

Now, I need to correct your straw man!

I actually express a diametrically opposite view, also shared by the revolutionaries of Madrid and around the world.

The political elite from the international corporate party, whether or not they are incumbents; must be removed from power by mass protest. Voting for any of them has become completely irrelevant because we are long past the point of no return!

There will be no "no trespassing signs" as Clark Park becomes inhospitable to the former community portrayed as "prostitutes, gang, members, and drug dealers." Permit rules and various police forces will erect invisible but extreme barriers for the former community! This barrier will be disproportionately directed at the poor, ethnic minorities, immigrants and pro-democracy activists.

Ready for a serious discussion with mature adults,
Glenn