Will potable water be available in Palinland or have all the wells already been contaminated by real world prosperity management industries?

On Oct 14, 2011, at 6:48 PM, craigso...@aol.com wrote:

Those unable or unwilling to manage the prosperity and power of energy independence will be accorded one-way tickets to Palin's Caribou World and Playground for entertainment, education, and orientation to real world energy concepts. Advanced learners may be eligible for seasonal visits to Santa's Flying Reindeer Workshop.

SarahPAC, Accelerating America's Progress

http://www.sarahpac.com/

Drill Baby Drill!

Ciao,

Craig
___________________________________

In a message dated 10/14/2011 12:56:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lewismell...@mac.com writes: Fwd: Unanimous City Council vote YES. Letters needed to protect our air!.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jerry Silberman <ajs805ph...@verizon.net>
Date: October 14, 2011 10:26:55 AM EDT
To: protectingourwat...@lists.riseup.net
Subject: Unanimous City Council vote YES. Letters needed to protect our air!.

Dear Protectors,

You did a fantastic job calling Philadelphia City Council and packing the hall. Yesterday, after articulate testimony by Dr. Walter Tsou, Rabbi Mordechai
Liebling, Denise Dennis, POW organizer Aaron Birk, and Julie Edgar of
Gas-Truth, Council unanimously voted YES on the resolution to join the lawsuits against the DRBC to stop DRBC from lifting their moratorium on fracking on November 21st. (Not a done deal; Law Department must actually file the Friend
of Court brief).  Please give Council thank-you calls! Check out, and
circulate, our Press Release and background info on POW blog:
http://protectingourwaters.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/philadelphia-city-council-unanimously-passes-resolution-to-sue-drbc-demand-impact-studies-forbid-fracking-for-now/

Now we need you to step up once again, this time with letters emailed to protect our air: Deadline Monday Oct. 17th. As soon as possible, write using the sample letter and format below. Demand a public hearing and stricter regulations before this new compressor station is approved and begins emitting
greenhouse gasses, formaldehyde and other noxious air emissions.

The compressor stations are part of Marcellus Shale gas drilling and have contributed to the increase in asthma and other health problems out West where they have been operating longer. They are not regulated as an aggregate, as they should be; the existing regulations fail to address their real- life impact
on air quality, climate, and health.

This particular compressor station is in Penn Township, Lycoming County. Any resident of the tri-state area – Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey -- can comment regardless of where you live. Air travels freely and impacts quality of life for people and all living things. The letter below was developed in careful consultation with the Clean Air Council's Matt Walker as
well as concerned residents of "shale country."

Thanks to all you Protectors for working so hard this week! Here is your sample letter. Email all letters by 5 PM Monday Oct. 17th to Mr. Zaman,
mza...@state.pa.us

Your name
your address
your phone #
October ___, 2011
Via Electronic and First Class Mail
Email to: "Mr. Zaman" mza...@state.pa.us
Muhammad Q. Zaman, Environmental Program Manager
Department of Environmental Protection
Air Quality Program, North-central Regional Office
208 West Third Street, Suite 101
Williamsport, PA 17701

Re: Chief Gathering, LLC, Plan Approval No.: 41-00078C

Dear Mr. Zaman,
I am a concerned citizen and have several points and suggestions to make about the proposed additions to equipment at the Barto Compressor Station, including concerns about the potential environmental and health impacts. For instance,
VOCs and nitrogen oxides from natural gas operations mix to produce
ground-level ozone, which causes a variety of respiratory problems including asthma. The emission of hazardous air pollutants is linked to elevated levels
of cancer and neurological health issues.
I support the DEP’s decision to regulate the Barto Compressor Station under a Title V permit due to the Greenhouse Gas Tailoring Rule, requiring specific technologies to reduce air emissions. While these technologies decrease pollution, the DEP should require even more efficient equipment, including commercially available Best Control Technologies and Best Management Practices, that would bring emissions closer to zero (the ideal target). Please see the extensive lists and presentations about recommended technologies and practices
on the EPA’s website for some specific ideas
(http://www.epa.gov/gasstar/tools/recommended.html).
I am happy to see that there are emissions monitoring requirements for specific pieces of equipment, but why can’t the DEP require monitoring past the proposed 120 days? It is imperative to test the quantity of pollutants coming from natural gas equipment rather than just calculating it. I urge the DEP to require constant air monitoring on equipment for the entire operating life of
this station.
In addition, I urge the DEP to perform a proper aggregation analysis to determine the cumulative effects of all equipment and to ensure that emissions are kept under the thresholds set for major sources. This will help protect the air and health for communities close to the Barto Station, those living
down-wind, and other Pennsylvania residents.
I am requesting the DEP to host a public hearing for this permit application. Chief has applied for a lot of permits in this region, and I’m concerned about the cumulative effects of all of the related natural gas equipment. I think a hearing would provide more opportunity for the public to comment, as more people would attend who wouldn’t necessarily send in written comments. A public hearing is likely the DEP’s most efficient way to respond to public comments as people can have their concerns answered directly and instantly. I am also very interested to hear the responses to my comments, and in the opportunity to have an open dialogue and discussion about these issues. Thank you for this opportunity to comment, and please keep me updated on any actions
related to Plan Approval No. 41-00078C
Sincerely,
Name

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Note: Send above letter as is if you are too rushed. If you have a few
minutes, please customize the letter using the pointers below!

Include your address, his name and address as above, and email to "Mr. Zaman" mza...@state.pa.us, Re: Chief Gathering, LLC, Plan Approval No.: 41-00078C

• If you live close, describe your family, your history living in the area, observations or concerns about health or environmental impacts from poor
air quality
•        potential environmental and health impacts of existing and
additional equipment
• Support the Title V requirements for more efficient technology, but
urge DEP to require even stricter
• Support emissions monitoring requirements but want DEP to require
constant air monitoring for the entire operating life of this station
• The DEP did not perform a proper aggregation analysis to determine the cumulative effects of all equipment -- they must do so; it's essential
•    Request a public hearing
o   High volume of Chief permits in this region
o   more opportunity for the public to comment
o   most efficient way to respond to public comments
o opportunity to have an open dialogue and discussion about these issues

Thank you for this opportunity to comment, and please keep me updated on any
actions related to Plan Approval No. 41-00078C
Sincerely,
Name
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks Protectors and congratulations on all your victories along the way!
from Iris, abe, Poune, Gerry, Jerry and all the POW organizers

--
Iris Marie Bloom
Director, Protecting Our Waters protectingourwaters.com

"The frog does not drink up the pond in which he lives"
    --Teton Sioux
• Unanimous City Council vote YES; Letters needed to protect our air!,
Protecting Our Waters, 10/14/2011
If you wish to unsubscribe to this Protecting Our Waters' email list, send an email to protectingourwaters-unsubscr...@lists.riseup.net

=