folks, this is a thread from the other listserv. if you care about the mangling of trees by PECO, read below and voice your opinion... LL

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bruce Dorpalen <bl...@verizon.net>
Date: October 22, 2011 10:12:47 AM EDT
To: ucneighb...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [UCNeighbors] City Tree Trim

Many years ago, when we lived on Kingsessing Av., PECO contractors came through and butchered our trees. We complained to many places, but Jannie Blackwell's office came through and PECO ended up cleaning up the mess and providing some landscaping.

PECO's protocol is to cut all branches away from the electric lines. That is why the trees have that weird, carved out look. I talked to the work crew and they are instructed by PECO to do nothing to shape the tree. And they will come back in five years and do it again.

We should be complaining to Jannie Blackwell's office, to UCD, and to 311.

Bruce