Begin forwarded message:

From: Patty Bulack <pbul...@gmail.com>
Date: January 10, 2012 9:30:31 AM EST
To: u...@ucneighbors.org
Subject: Fwd: Robbery 47th and Chester, 1/4/12 Wednesday at 5:30 pm. Take care near trolley stops!

Hello Everyone,
I sent this out a few days ago to our e-mail list that has been focusing on crime. Someone on that list suggested that I send this out to the uc listserv which is why you are seeing this now. After I sent it out, several intiatives have sprung up of neighbors wanting to walk/ride bikes to keep an eye on trolley stops. There have also been interesting discussions about other solutions. If you want to read that please send me your e-mail and I will add you to our google group so you can. Or if you want to participate in these new "watch" initiatives.
Thanks,
Patty
PS Officer Vallette told me that one kind of suspicious behavior that you should call in is if you notice someone matching description sitting or standing at a trolley stop who lets 1 or 2 trolleys go by without concern to get on (i.e. not looking down the street, etc...). When the police see that they always take the opportunity to get the persons' names and ask casually what they are doing... helps to send a message that they are being watched. Please call that in as suspicious behavior, as it is likely to result in questioning in most cases that can send a message...
Thanks,
Patty