I was thinking about the paradox of our pro life society, so much in the news. We "love" all children until the day they are born. Why then do we abandon 99% of them around the world, calling them criminals and terrorists, while the good powerful children oppress, bomb, and poison them? I sometimes question that holy love, as much as I question our love for war.

Fetus Betrayed

Like a grain of sand

In Time's waiting room

Surrounded on all sides

By Mummy and Daddy's Others,

You wait.

Will you slide into oblivion?

One of a billion hopeful seeds

Or bloom beneath the sunlight?

Taking root in the earth

While reaching for the sky!

Oh Life.What a wonderful hope

Once existed upon Mother Earth.

Fetus, I once had hope, like you.

But I am weathered as autumn nears

Sweet sleep will carry me back to oblivion

Away from the dankness and decay

Of that forlorn and doomed garden,

Once called Eden; by a hopeful race.

Turn back my tiny friend!

Time has spun the Orb to its darkest age

Oblivion is the only hope left for your kind

The race to which you aspire has grown morbid

Cruelty, profit, and death have replaced the sunshine

There is no hope for you here!

In the cruelest of ironies, we call this axiom,

Pro life.We bring a tiny divine creature

Into a world of evil and slavery

And then abandon the thing, for all its days

And the long painful night.

Go back!

Stay warm and safe in boundless Time

Maybe in a million years or so

The garden of Eden will rise again

And a human child will have the value

Of one of those billion seeds

Swimming in the toxic womb

Of herbicides, fracking fluids, and radiation.

I'm sorry my tiny friend,

We betrayed your hope.