http://www.philly.com/philly/education/20120701_Meet_William_Hite__Philadelphia_s_new_school_chief____.html

Dr. William Hite has been selected as the new superintendent for
Philadelphia. His start date has not been announced as they are in contract
negotiations and his current position in Princes Georges County Maryland
requires a four-month advance notice in order for him to receive his
severance package. Chief Recovery Officer Thomas Knudsen has indicated he
is willing to stay on in his position (at a salary of $25,000/month) for a
bit longer until the new superintendent can start.

The Committee of Seventy has requested that the SRC release the "broad
parameters" of the new superintendent contract before it is finalized. SRC
commissioner and UC neighbor Wendell Pritchett responded that the SRC plans
to make the process as transparent as possible and release further contract
information in the near future.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-06-28/news/32441984_1_new-superintendent-contract-process-bits-and-pieces

Amara