forwarded:

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Patty Bulack <pbul...@gmail.com> wrote:
To: 48th-street-neighbors <48th-street-neighb...@googlegroups.com>
Hello All,

I am sorry to have to make this disturbing report, but wanted all of you to know about it, so you can be on the lookout.

On Tuesday July 3rd, a mother and daughter (11 yrs old?) were walking down the sidewalk at 47th and Baltimore. They happen to be of Asian descent. An African American boy (approximately age 15) on a smaller bike (bmx or small mountain bike) deliberately swerved on his bike in order to hit them, and then sped off westward on Baltimore without even looking back. The mother and daughter were bruised and shaken, and later went to be checked out, and are otherwise unhurt. They did report it to the police. Now nearly a week later, at least the mom is still bruised and sore.

As I was recounting this story to someone else, they recalled nearly being run over on that same block, by someone matching the same description. She got out of the way in time, realizing that he wasn't going to veer away.

I guess if you think someone is trying to hit you with their bike, don't wonder, and just get out of the way if you can.... And I don't know if its significant that it happened on the same block, but it might be. Please just be careful, and report anything like this to the police with the best description you can give.

We hope the mom and her daughter recover soon, in all the ways that they have been bruised....

Yours,
Patty