As a formidable cyclist, I must admit that I do ride on the sidewalk
rarely, when there seems to be no one around, and there's enough space.
However, I do agree that cyclists, like myself are sometimes concerned
riding on the street, where automobile drivers are extremely inconsiderate.
They constantly cut you off - I've been hit by a car in the bike lane. They
also park in the bike lane or open their door without looking. I've had a
few near misses. I've even talked to a fellow driver who said, "I've driven
on this road for 20 years, I'm not changing."

I also dislike when the "Penn Safety" team do things that are illegal (like
bike the wrong way on a street, ride on sidewalks) - they should be setting
an example!

People need to be more aware that cyclists are more prevalent in this city
than any other. We have the highest percentage of commuters using bikes
than any other city in the USA.

Dan Myers
Intuitive Licensed Masseur & Licensed Organic Nail Technician
www.breathe3.com
215.901.0899